New Home 101: Questions to Ask Your Homebuilder
October 31, 2017
Whether you’re a first-time buyer or an empty nester, finding the right builder can be a challenge if you don’t know what exactly you should be looking for. Building a new home is one of the largest investments you’ll make in your lifetime, so it’s natural that you want to find the right fit. These are some of the questions you should ask before you choose a builder.
- How many years have you been in business? How many homes have you built?
- Are you licensed (where required) and insured?
- How do you compare to your competitors?
- What are the most important benefits of your homes?
- What type of warranties do you offer?
- Can I talk to some of your home buyers or hear their testimonials? Do you have model homes I can tour?
- What standard features do your homes include? What kind of options and upgrades do you offer?
- How long will my home take to complete?
- Do you have a preferred lender?
- How often will you contact me with progress reports?
- How and when can I make changes before and during construction?
- Will I have access to the home during the building process?
- Does the community have a homeowner’s association (HOA)? What does this HOA include?
- Do you have walk-throughs? What is your warranty process?
- If an issue arises, do you have a cancellation and refund policy?
Building your new home should be an exciting experience, and with Cothran Homes it will be! Having answers to these – and any other questions you may have – will help ensure that everyone is on the same page. Call (864) 777-0329 or email us at email@example.com with any questions you may have!